The EPO launched the new Academic Research Programme offering financial support for academic research on patent-related matters. The programme will award grants of up to EUR 100 000 to winning proposals. This initiative will complement the EPO's long-standing commitment to support research on patent data through its Worldwide Patent Statistical Database (PATSTAT).
The deadline for proposals is 15 June 2017.
The first annual call for projects under the new programme focuses on six thematic areas spanning various disciplinary fields, including economics, IP management, IP law and data sciences:
1. The European patent system's impact on trade and investment in Europe
2. Patent services and intermediaries in Europe
3. IP business models and patent valuation methods
4. Patents for SMEs and universities in Europe
5. Patents and climate change mitigation technologies
6. Advanced use of PATSTAT and patent analytics.
For more information, please visit the link below: