The State Office of Industrial Property, as the holder of Chapter 3.07 - Intellectual Property Rights participated in the sixteenth meeting of the Internal Market and Competition which was held on February 25, 2021.
At the meeting, was discussed about the three working groups that are part of the chapter, mainly Copyright and Related Rights, Industrial Property Rights and Enforcement, and Fight Against Counterfeiting and Piracy.
- The following specific topics were discussed at the one-hour meeting:
- Harmonization of the National Law on Copyright and Related Rights with Directives 2014/26 / EC, 2011/77 / EC, 2012/28 / EC, and the Marrakesh Agreement.
- The current cooperation of the State Office for Industrial Property with the Office for Intellectual Property of the European Union as well as the goals and expectations from the further cooperation
- Transposition of Directive 943/2016 / EU on trade secrets into national industrial property law
- Recommendations for compliance with the new EU directives in the field of industrial design
- SOIP project for the new long-term national Strategy for intellectual property 2021-2026 as well as the dedicated electronic network, electronic submission of applications, and electronic services
- Certificates for additional protection - what is the current situation in the Law on Industrial Property as well as detailed information on the already submitted and resolved claims in the Office
- The undertaken activities in order to continue to improve the cooperation between the institutions responsible for the implementation of IP rights as well as
- the dispute between the land and cable operators caused by the amendments to Article 143 paragraph 3 and 4 of the Law on Audio and Audiovisual Media Services.
The representatives of the European Commission were satisfied with the efforts and what has been achieved so far under Chapter 3.07 - Intellectual Property Rights.